16 September 2017
Global Goals Week
Global Goals Week 2017 – a collective effort to maximize the value of events and activations held during UN General Assembly week and focused on driving progress toward the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), also known as the Global Goals.
This year’s Global Goals Week will be held 16-23 September, with events and activations taking place in New York and around the world, all of which will be connected in social media conversations using the common hash tag #GlobalGoals. Global Goals Week was originally piloted last year by organizing partners Project Everyone, the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), and the United Nations Foundation.
This year, more than a dozen new partners have joined the effort, including the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, World Economic Forum, Sustainable Development Solutions Network, Skoll Foundation, Concordia, UN Global Compact, and other UN agencies and departments, positioning the week as a strong platform for collective action in support of the SDGs, maximizing the impact of a variety of events, public activations, and digital surges that are all designed to raise awareness and spur progress toward achievement of the global goals.
Global Goals Week events include:
- Hult Prize Awards Ceremony at UN Headquarters (date TBA)
- The Social Good Summit, 17 September
- SDG Media Zone, 18—22 September
- Solutions Summit at UN Headquarters
- United Nations Private Sector Forum, 18 September
- Global Citizen LIVE!, 18 September
- Climate Week Opening Ceremony, 18 September
- Concordia Annual Summit, 18—19 September
- World Economic Forum Sustainable Development Impact Summit, 18—19 September
- International Conference on Sustainable Development, 18—19 September
- Global Citizen Movement Makers, 19 September
- Global Goals Awards Dinner, 19 September
- Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation Goalkeepers, 20 September
- TED Global NYC, 20 September
- United Nations Global Compact Leaders Summit, 21 September
- We the Future, 21 September
- Global Citizen Festival, 23 September
For a full schedule, visit globalgoalsweek.org. The events listing will be updated as new events come online.