- Private Public Partnerships
- Governance and Procurement
- Large/Complex infrastructure projects
Richard formed his consulting business, Foster Infrastructure, in March 2011 in order to apply his skills and experience by assisting governments and their partners to deliver better infrastructure programmes and projects. Richard commenced his career as lawyer, working with a major Australian law firm in Melbourne and Papua New Guinea, before joining the State Government of Victoria, Australia, to take a key role in the State’s highly-regarded public private partnerships unit. Richard provides strategy, governance and commercial advice, and related training services, for project teams and policy makers in the infrastructure and public-private partnership (PPP) sectors. Foster Infrastructure’s client base includes a wide range of government agencies, educational institutions, multilateral development financiers and similar organisations.
Richard’s work includes:
- Leading independent reviews of infrastructure and PPP projects and programs
- Advising on the appropriate delivery models for major infrastructure projects
- Advising on commercial structures and tender strategies for PPP projects
- Advising on the management of PPP contracts
- Developing policies, guidance materials and manuals for government infrastructure and PPP programs
- Training government and private sector practitioners involved in infrastructure programs and PPP projects.