Cities and regions that are part of the UN Global Compact – Cities Programme network are:
- internationally connected and recognised
- supported to develop partnerships with private sector and civil society
- tackle global challenges collaboratively on the local level.
We have four levels of engagement:
1. Signatory city or region to the United Nations Global Compact – follow link for more information on how to become a signatory to the Compact
2. Supported Signatory – follow link for more information on Supported Signatories and registration form
4. Innovating level – follow link for more information on Innovating level cities and regions
See the table below for a summary of obligations and benefits of these levels of engagement.
Want to know more?
Set a time with us to meet and talk. Please contact us via:
Telephone: +61 3 992 53407
Watsap: +61 425 7733 59
Summary Table of Obligations and Benefits
|1. Signatory city||Communication on Engagement (bi-annual) report to UN Secretary General on organisational achievements to progress the UN Sustainable Development Goals Free (no fee $0) to become a signatory.||High profile recognition of city/region activity that progresses the principles of United Nations Global Compact and the UN Sustainable Development Goals. All signatories receive:
|2. Supported signatory city||Appoints nominated contact point. Work closely with the Cities Programme to develop city/regions’ Communication on Engagement report. Service fee USD $3,000 per year for a minimum of 2 years (sliding scale and neg.)||In addition to the above, the City/Region receives:
|3. Leading city||Work closely with the Cities Programme to develop partnered projects using the City Partnerships process. City to commit a person to work a minimum of 2 days/week on the City Partnerships process. Service fee USD$20,000 per year for 2 years.||City/region receives 2 year capacity development and support to identify, foster and implement investable sustainable urban development partnership projects.The 9 step City Partnerships process includes:
|4. Innovative city||Dedicate resources to lead collaboration and facilitate activities that guide other cities – best practice tools, capacity building and event hosting. Was Leading city, by invitation only. Service fee negotiable per year.||In addition to Supported Signatory benefits, the Innovating city/region: